Wednesday, November 6, 2013

an announcement

Today I'm happy, and a little nervous, to announce something I've been working on in my spare hours: a new blog! Since I started writing here in 2009, sometimes skipping months in between and sometimes pouring out multiple posts in a day, I've found a bit of my voice, as well as an affection and a craving for writing about faith, doubt, spiritual seasons, and other fascinations. I've used this space to document precious family memories as well. For over a year, I've entertained the idea of creating a separate space that's more defined, where I can really focus writing out my faith, and having a bit more time on my hands lately has given me the opportunity to work on it. And so, at long last A Feast of Crumbs is born. 



If you'd be so kind, please click over, read the About page and let me know what you think! 

I plan to keep two separate blogs, but I imagine the topics will overlap. It's all spiritual, of course, but Noting Now will be where I mainly archive family happenings and updates, and A Feast of Crumbs will focus more on topics of faith and whatever else I'm itching to write about.

{This also makes it possible to make Noting Now private in the future, as the kids get older, if I see the need to do so.}

For most of my life, I've been scribbling in journals and tapping out ideas onto screens, working out my salvation. And so this beautiful community (online and elsewhere) of people with questions and ideas about God and how we relate to Him, what's happening in American Christianity as well as worldwide, church culture, and so much more: it feels like home. 

I've been blessed time and time again to stumble onto words that gave life to my tired spirit, and that blessing in turn directed my gaze to God. And so, if there's even the slightest chance that my words could do the same for someone else, then I want to pursue that chance. I've been feeling nudged, you know?

Thank you so much for reading here, and I hope to see you at the other blog too. Having a space to write it all out, document the journey, and gain clarity means so much to me, as does your presence.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...