Wednesday, March 20, 2013

just because

Just because I had an early meeting, and now I'm gathering tax documents and folding laundry, crossing t's and dotting i's, and days behind on my reading,


just because I want to remember how Silas runs with his arms bent up high, a little like Sid the Science Kid,


and because Nicky-boy ran and jumped up on me when I picked up him from school,


and because Silas likes to wear hats,


and because of her lashes, and little yellow dresses, and grass that's starting to turn,


and just because my boys play together so much now,


and because a nice old man gave them a walking stick. Pick one out, hijo, that's right, go ahead! Because honorary grandparents exist all around.

Because it's a windy first day of Spring, and I miss them while I cross things off my list. Just because.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...