Tuesday, January 24, 2012

fishbaby


This kid loves water, so much so that we have to keep the bathroom door closed or he'll gleefully splash in the toilet.


So sometimes if he's fussy or we're bored or just feel like it, we  stop the day and take a bath. It feels like giving him a treat, and I love that. He watches the water fill the tub and bounces with excitement, and lately he throws some cute baby jabbering into the mix.



Spending a lot of time with littles is so rewarding, and so taxing, all at the same time. I feel like I'm still figuring it out. One thing that's been cemented in my mind, however, is that when we get the chance or feel the need to slow down and have a moment to just be, I should take it and enjoy it fully. Notice it all-the sunlight warming and soothing, the lashes, the way his hair curls when it's wet, the way he shouts triumphantly after throwing toy frogs overboard. Seriously, that other stuff can wait.


And take pictures, in case I forget.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...