|these guys spent at least an hour in the tub tonight|
- they really do grow up fast, so sit still and just take it all in
- take notice of the little things; they are really the big things
- practicing intentional gratefulness is like working out-seems just as easy the first few times, but is just as hard to keep up consistently, and offers noticeable rewards
- listen for the whispers; they are there
- there is always time to slow down and laugh with my kids
- follow the bread crumbs and be honest about hard, scary things; it's the only way forward
- dream, and act.
I think grateful has been my word of the year. It's been such a focus and really changed some everyday things for me. In that spirit, I want to close out the year with giving thanks for the enormous gifts I'm surrounded by.
- Enough-enough food, enough water, enough heat, enough clothes, enough oxygen, enough transportation, enough for each day. Daily bread.
- Words. Bloggers/writers, new and familiar, who inspire and educate me.
- My husband who is real and vulnerable and sturdy.
- My children who need and who provide, so much of both.
- Community, shared tables, laughing at all the littles, telling stories, being blessed, giving hugs and promising to do it more often.
Happy New Year! I would love to hear what you learned in 2011.