We met up with some friends after church for a Mother's Day picnic.
Nicky and his friend almost had a throw-down with a much older boy. We looked over to see the friend throwing a punch, and Nicky assumed a karate kid position.....Nicky later explained that they were just playing- the older kid was a virus, and Nicky and his friend were the antibodies. Thanks PBS kids, for that. Those boys crack me up. On a side note, I think Sunday afternoon picnics need to be a thing that we do.
I'm so grateful to be a mother, and to have a mother. There are so many good things to be said about being a mother but here are my top ten:
- they make me laugh about 50 times a day
- they show me my true self-the ugly parts, but also strength I didn't know I had
- they fill the house with
- I get to re-discover childhood with them
- discovering their personalities
- there are always more milestones to look forward to
- they help me refine my own world-view-when I need to teach them something I find out if I really believe it or not.
- they laugh together, and it's just the best thing to hear
- they are SO happy when a parent comes home
- being a parent gives profound understanding about God and how He loves us. What a gift.