Sunday, November 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Little Cub

Yesterday Silas turned one year old.


The day before that, we had friends and family over for a lunch party to celebrate. It's so fun watching all of these babies grow. The theme was a forest friends/woodland picnic and I had so much fun putting it together. My favorite part was watching Silas devour two cupcakes. 

I actually had time/remembered to take pics of the party set-up right before our guests arrived- I must say I was proud of myself. First time I've ever remembered to do that.


mushroom cupcakes, frosting courtesy of Papa and Nicky while I was at work Friday. Idea from Pinterest here


drink station: hot apple cider, water, juice, and one of my new favorite things: retro thrift store mugs 


felt bunting (I'm on a felt/hot glue kick right now) 


treat bags (more Pinterest inspiration


baby toys 


felt trees


Woodland creature masks (idea here) in my grandmother's old picnic basket. It was the one thing I really wanted from her attic. I have great memories of using it to pretend play when I was little. It usually houses Silas' socks.


For lunch we just laid out a variety of bread, meat, cheese, spreads, veggies and fruit and let people build their own sandwiches. Turned out pretty good I think.

So we ate, kids played, presents were opened, and Silas had his first taste of cake.


I'm so grateful for this boy. He brings so much laughter to our family, and a whole different sense of connectedness. It's hard to imagine life without his little voice making declarations, his scrunchy smile, and the wonderful sight of two brothers playing together.



And so another year with this sweet boy begins.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...