Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day


We met up with some friends after church for a Mother's Day picnic. 


Nicky and his friend almost had a throw-down with a much older boy. We looked over to see the friend throwing a punch, and Nicky assumed a karate kid position.....Nicky later explained that they were just playing- the older kid was a virus, and Nicky and his friend were the antibodies. Thanks PBS kids, for that. Those boys crack me up. On a side note, I think Sunday afternoon picnics need to be a thing that we do. 

I'm so grateful to be a mother, and to have a mother. There are so many good things to be said about being a mother but here are my top ten:

  • they make me laugh about 50 times a day
  • they show me my true self-the ugly parts, but also strength I didn't know I had
  • they fill the house with noise life
  • I get to re-discover childhood with them
  • discovering their personalities
  • there are always more milestones to look forward to
  • they help me refine my own world-view-when I need to teach them something I find out if I really believe it or not.
  • they laugh together, and it's just the best thing to hear
  • they are SO happy when a parent comes home
  • being a parent gives profound understanding about God and how He loves us. What a gift.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...