Wednesday, July 7, 2010

happenings


Our most exciting news as of late is that this baby is a boy! Nicky will have a baby brother. I'm so excited to see them grow and play together. Since I never had a sister, I've always felt like having a same-sex sibling is really special. Or it seems special to an outsider :) So now I'm pondering baby names and sleeping situations and what to buy, etc...and just grateful that our little family is growing. It's really easy to get caught up in all the busy-ness of life, but lately I'm taking a step back and just trying to take notice of all the little things.
Nicky is at such a sweet, fun age. He is so affectionate and silly and loves to laugh. He has so much personality. I'm savoring the feeling of him being the only child for a few more months. That part of our lives has been really special. I know things will change, just not sure how.
I'm still working full time at the hospital. It's getting less overwhelming and scary with time....kind of...I wonder if I'll always have a slight feeling of dread going in to work. But I do feel like I have a little more to offer people than when I started....this nursing thing is so much harder than I thought! But it's encouraging to think that anything worth doing should be hard. I believe it will be worth it in the end. For now it's humbling, challenging work-that's got to be good for me in the long run.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...